||Linda May Williams |
||30 Oct 2014 |
||Frederick Henry Deutchmann, b. 1909, Qld , d. 15 Nov 1986, Maryborough, Queensland, Australia (Age 77 years) |
||13 Jun 1938
|| Emerald Methodist Church, Queensland, Australia
||18 Jun 1938
||Morning Bulletin, Rockhampton, Queensland
|EMERALD WEDDING |
The Emerald Methodist Church was the scene of a very picturesque wedding at 6 p.m. on June 13, when Linda May, third daughter of Mr and Mrs G. J. Williams, Opal Street, Emerald, was joined in holy matrimony with Frederick Henry, eldest son of Mrs W. Jones, 11 Cambridge Street, Rockhampton, and the late Mr F. H. Deutschmann. Rev. L. T. Vickery performed the ceremony.
The church had been beautifully decorated by the Methodist Girl Comrades (of which the bride was a member) under the supervision of Miss Emily Philipson. Pink and blue flowers and streamers were utilised in forming an archway, from which was suspended a huge wedding bell above the bridal couple. Ferns, pot plants, and eucharis lilies were included in the decorative scheme.
The bride, who was given away by her father, entered the church to the strains of the Wedding March, with Miss Joyce Davies presiding at the organ, followed by the beautiful hymn "The Voice That Breathed O'er Eden," sung by the choir.
She was charmingly attired in a graceful white angel skin frock, cut on classical lines and forming a long train at the back. The cowl neck was finished at each side with orange blossoms and tiny satin covered buttons and loops trimmed the back of the frock from neck to hipline. The long pointed tight-fitting sleeves also featured the tiny buttons and loops. With this she wore a handsome hand embroidered net veil surmounted by a coronet of orange blossoms and pearls (lent by a friend). She carried a beautiful sheath of arum lilies, shasta daisies, chrysanthemums, and tuberoses, finished with white streamers and tulle.
Miss Thelma Heisler, Alpha, attended as bridesmaid, and was becomingly frocked in white bridal satin, worn ankle length with a full swing skirt. The flared sleeves, medici collar and sash were embroidered with silver sequins and the shell pink waist length tulle headdress she wore was held in place by a coronet of pink roses and silver leaves. She carried a silver basket of pink and white blossoms tied with pink ribbons.
Miss Shirley Williams, sister of the bride, acted as flower girl, and made a pretty picture in her ankle-length moonlight blue mariette princess frock, featuring flared frills on the skirt and neck and full puff sleeves, shirred waist-line, silver shoes and silver and blue Juliette cap. She also carried a silver basket of pink and blue flowers, finished with the same coloured streamers. Both attendants wore white mittens.
The bridegroom was supported by Mr. John Davie as best man and Mr James Williams, brother of the bride, as groomsman.
A reception was held at the bride's home, where the guests were welcomed by the mother of the bride, smartly gowned in a navy blue floral elephant crepe frock with a swing skirt and long sleeves. The neckline was trimmed with an eau-de-nil collar finished with tiny loops and a pansy posy. The navy blue hat had touches of green and the bouquet of red roses she carried was tied with green streamers to tone.
Miss Linda Pratt was responsible for
the table decorations, which were carried out in the attendant's colours,
pink and blue, a special feature being the floral wedding bell above the happy couple. Place cards with silver emblems of good luck were outstanding. Rev. L. T. Vickery presided and the usual toasts were honoured and congratulatory telegrams received.
Mr and Mrs Deutschmann left by Tuesday morning's mail train for Bondi, Sydney, and the Blue Mountains, where the honeymoon will be spent. The bride's travelling frock was nigger brown pony skin, featuring a basque and trimmed with red, silver and blue buttons, with which she chose a matching halo hat and nigger brown accessories. The bridal couple were the recipients of many costly presents. Their future home will be Emerald.
Morning Bulletin, Rockhampton, Queensland, Saturday, 18 June 1938
||30 Oct 2014 |