|7. ||Mary Hetty Lilley was born 13 Feb 1872, Paddington, London (daughter of Thomas Lilley, JP and Mary Ann Denton); died 6 Sep 1954, Essex. |
- Census: 1901, 3 Amherst Road, Ealing; Arthur Sykes, Head, M, 39, Architect, Employer, Wilby Northants
Mary H Sykes, Wife, M, 29, Married, Paddington London
Mary C S Sykes, Daur, S, 1, Ealing Middlesex
Annie L Abraham, Serv, S, 22, Domestic Housemaid, Kimbolton Hunts.
Gertrude M Marks, Serv, S, 20, Cook, Doddinghurst, Essex
- Census: 1911, Mendip, Carnarvon Road, Clacton-on-Sea; Arthur Sykes, Head, 49, Married 14 years, Architect, Employer, Wilby Northamptonshire
Mary Hetty Sykes, Wife, 39, Married, Middx London
Mary Catherine Lilley Sykes, daughter, 11, Student, Middx Ealing
Thomas Arthur Sykes, son, 8, Middx Ealing
Richard Laurence Sykes, son, 4, Middx Ealing
Phyllis Joyce Margery Sykes, daughter, 8 months, Essex Clacton-on-Sea
Ena Madeline Williamson, Governess, 26, Single, Governess, Middlesex Southgate
Lucy Gray, Servant, 29, widow, Nurse, Kent Canterbury
Alice Mary Barker, Servant, 21, single, Cook, Essex Great Oakley
Jennie Balham, Servant, 22, single, Parlour Maid, London
Maud Emma Churchyard, Servant, 10, single, house maid, Essex Ramsey
- Probate: 26 Nov 1954, London; SYKES Mary Hetty of The Church House Tendring Essex widow died 6 September 1954 Probate London 26 November to Arthur Thomas Sykes company director and Robert Christopher Fielden Catterall surgeon. Effects £87908 5s.4d.
(The full Probate documents also state a net value of £84,660 and that Estate Duty of £26,025 was paid)
- Mary Catherine Lilley Sykes was born 1899 or 1900, Ealing, Middlesex; died Oct - Dec 1975, Chelsea, London.
- Arthur Thomas Sykes was born 1902 or 1903, Ealing, Middlesex; was christened 22 Oct 1904, Parish of St Peter, Ealing, Middlesex; died Jan 1973.
- Richard Laurence Sykes was born 1906 or 1907, Ealing, Middlesex; died poss Oct - Dec 1977, Henley, Oxfordshire.
- 3. Phyllis Joyce Margery Sykes was born 11 Jul 1910, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex; died 9 Apr 1980.
|14. ||Thomas Lilley, JP was born 18 Oct 1845, 2 Buckingham Place, St Georges, Southwark (son of Thomas Lilley and Charlotte Ann Harper); died 3 Apr 1916, Clacton, Essex. |
- .: President of Harwich Division Liberal Association
[From 'The Women's Suffrage Movement in Britain and Ireland: A Regional Survey' by Elizabeth Crawford]
- Census: 1851, Cambridge Street, Wellingborough; Thomas Lilley, Head, Mar, 37, Shoe Manufacturer, Middx St Pancras
Charlott Lilley, Wife, Mar, 44, Middx St Pancras
Charles Lilley, Father, Widower, 69, Middx Hackney
Louisa Lilley, Daughter, U, 12, Surrey St Georges
James Lilly, Son, U, 7, Surrey St Georges
Thomas Lilley, Son, U, 5, Surrey St Georges
Emily Lilley, Daughter, U, 4, Surrey St Georges
Jane Lilley, Daughter, U, 1, Surrey St Georges
Mary Ann Page, Servt, U, 16, Wellingborough
- Census: 1881, 19 Bloomfield Road; Lilley Thomas, Head, Married, Bootmaker, London
Lilley Mary Ann, Wife, 33, Rushden Northants
Lilley Thomas, Son, 9, Scholar, Paddington London
Lilley Mary Hetty, Daughter, 9, Scholar, Paddington London
Lilley Kate, Daughter, 7, Scholar, Paddington London
Lilley James Cecil, Son, 3, Paddington London
Lilley Harold, Son, 1, Paddington London
Webb Laura, Servant, Unmar, 21, Hampshire
Kelley Maria Jane, Servant, Unmar, 19, Huntingdonshire
- Census: 1891, The Croft, Ealing; Mary Ann Lilley, Wife, M, 43, Northamptonshire Rushden
Thomas Lilley, Son, S, 19, Leather merchant, London Paddington
Mary H Lilley, Daughter, S, 19, London Paddington
James C Lilley, Son, 13, Scholar, London Paddington
Harold Lilley, Son, 11, Scholar, London Paddington
Edgar S Lilley, Son, 9, Scholar, London Paddington
Edith L Lilley, Daur, 7, Scholar, London Paddington
Wilfred Lilley, Son, 5, Scholar, Middlesex Ealing
Helen M D Daur, 6mo, Middlesex Ealing
Reginald Parr, Nephew, 15, Scholar, Marylebone London
Elizabeth Burgh, Serv, S, 21, Somersetshire
Elizabeth H Webb, Serv, S, 18, London Chelsea
Elizabeth Atlee, Serv, S, 24, Middlesex Ealing
- Address: 1892; Moved to Clacton (date approx)
- Census: 1901, Holland House, Clacton-on-Sea; Thomas Lilley, Head, M, 55, Director of Public Companies, London
Holland House Cottage:
Abraham Mason, Head, N, 59, Gardener, Suffolk Hawkedon
Eliza Mason, Wife, M, 53, Suffolk Wantisden
Louisa Mason, Daur, S, 24, Essex Gt Horksley
Rueben Mason, Son, 15, Gardener, Essex Old Heath
- Census: 1911, Holland House, Southcliff, Holland Road, Clacton-on-Sea; Thomas Lilley, Head, 65, Married (40 years), Director of Companies, London
Mary A Lilley, Wife, M, 63, Rushden Northamptonshire
Kate Lilley, Daughter, 37, Single, Artist, London
Harold Lilley, Son, 31, Single, Farmer, London
Edith Louise Lilley, Daughter, 27, Secretary, London
Helen Doris Marjorie Lilley, Daughter, 20, Single, Ealing Middlesex
Elizabeth A Lilley, Daughter, 17, Ealing Middlesex
Edith P Smith, Servant, 38, Cook, Ecton Northamptonshire
Sarah Causton, Servant, 20, Housemaid, Grt Clacton Essex
Antony Chicrichetti, Servant, 30, Butler, Milan Italy, Italian
Sarah Jane Noakes, Servant, 23, Housemaid, Theysoe Huntingdon
Laura Kidby, Servant, 18, Kitchenmaid, St Osyth Essex
Elsie Emma Knight, Servant, 18, ?maid, Trimley St Martin Suffolk
- Probate: 1 Aug 1916, London; BE IT KNOWN that Thomas Lilley of Holland House Clacton-on-Sea in the County of Essex J.P. died on this 3rd day of April 1916 at Holland House aforesaid. AND BE IT FURTHER KNOWN that at the date hereunder written the last Will and Testament of the said deceased was proved and registered in the Principal Probate Registry of His Majesty's High Court of Justice, and that administration of all the estate which by law devolves to and vests in the personal representative of the said deceased was granted by the aforesaid to Thomas Lilley of Westbury House Frithwood Avenue Northwood in the County of Middlesex Director of Limited Companies James Cecil Lilley of Woodcote Burgh Heath in the County of Surrey Director of Limited Companies sons of deceased Mary Hetty Sykes of Wykeham Clacton on Sea aforesaid wife of Arthur Sykes Kate Lilley and Edith Louise Lilley both of Holland House aforesaid spinster daughters of deceased the Executors named in the said Will. Dated the 1st day of August 1916. Gross value of Estate £100801.16.1 Net value of Personal Estate £61971.3.6
LILLEY Thomas of Holland House Clacton-on-Sea Essex died 3 April 1916 Probate London 1 August to Thomas Lilley and James Cecil Lilley directors of limited companies Mary Hetty Sykes (wife of Arthur Sykes) and Kate Lilley and Edith Louise Lilley spinsters. Effects £100801 16s.1d.
Thomas married Mary Ann Denton 1870, Rushden, Northamptonshire. Mary was born 1847 or 1848, Paddington, London; died 2 Mar 1919, Holland House, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex. [Group Sheet]
|15. ||Mary Ann Denton was born 1847 or 1848, Paddington, London; died 2 Mar 1919, Holland House, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex. |
- Census: 1901, The Croft, 26 Park Hill, Ealing; Mary Lilley, Wife, M, 52, Northampton Rushden
James Lilley, Son, S, 23, Manager, Bootmaker, worker, London Paddington
Harold Lilley, Son, 21, Secretary - Private, London Paddington
Edgar Lilley, Son, 19, Boot Manufacturer, worker, London Paddington
Kate Lilley, Daughter, S, 27, Artist Sculp, own account, London Paddington
Helen Lilley, Daughter, 10, Middx Ealing
Ada Lilley, Daughter, S, 7, Middx Ealing
Eliza Wildes, Servant, S, 26, Housemaid, Berks Shefford
Elizabeth Adams, Servant, S, 26, Cook, Cambs Haddenham
Annie Withers, Servant, S, 26, Parlourmaid, Berks Eubourne
Gabrelle Mency, Servant, S, 22, Nurse, France (French Subject)
Coach House (The Croft):
Joseph Hazell, Head, M, 36, Coachman, Bucks Stoke
Jane Hazell, Wife, M, 37, Bucks Burnham
Lillian Hazell, Daughter, S, 12, Bucks Little Marlow
Frank Hazell, Son, 9, Middx Ealing
Frederick Hazell, Son, 7, Middx Ealing
Gardener's House (The Croft):
James Young, Head, N, 31, Gardener, Surrey Reigate
Roberta Young, Wife, M, 31, Glos Bristol
William Young, Son, S, 4, Surrey Dorking
- Probate: 6 Jun 1919, London; LILLEY Mary Ann of Holland House Clacton-on-Sea Essex widow died 2 March 1919 Probate London 6 June to Thomas Lilley chairman of limited company and Kate Lilley spinster. Effects £6609 7s.9d. Rewsworn £6309 3s.9d.
- Thomas Lilley was born 26 Apr 1871, Paddington, London; died 7 Mar 1951, Middlesex.
- 7. Mary Hetty Lilley was born 13 Feb 1872, Paddington, London; died 6 Sep 1954, Essex.
- Kate Lilley was born 4 Dec 1873, Paddington, London; died 20 Apr 1962, Abberton Manor, Essex.
- Benjamin Denton Lilley was born 4 Oct 1875; died 28 Oct 1878.
- James Cecil Lilley was born 19 Aug 1877, Paddington, London; died 14 Jan 1948, Surrey.
- Harold Lilley was born 23 Aug 1879, Paddington, London; died 2 Aug 1948, Galloway Nursing Home, Clacton-on-Sea.
- Edgar Stanley Lilley was born 9 July 1881, Bloomfield Road, Paddington, London; died 15 Feb 1959, Essex.
- Edith Louise Lilley was born 12 Oct 1883, Paddington, London; died 3 Dec 1943, Essex.
- Wilfred Lilley was born 12 Nov 1885, Ealing, Middlesex; died 2 May 1923, Cheshire.
- Helen Doris Marjorie Lilley was born 1 Aug 1890, Ealing, Middlesex; died Oct - Dec 1975, Evesham.
- Ada Elizabeth Lilley was born 6 Jun 1893, Ealing, Middlesex; died Oct - Dec 1980, Colchester, Essex.