All Media


Tree:  

Matches 2,901 to 2,919 of 2,919     » Thumbnails Only

    «Prev «1 ... 55 56 57 58 59

   Thumb   Description   Linked to 
2901
Wilson, Raymond Bruce
Wilson, Raymond Bruce
 
 
2902
Windmill Family Plot
Windmill Family Plot
Status: Located; Margaret Windmill -mother- (nee Scanlan) buried 15th September 1878.
Catherine Sherrin -daughter- (nee Windmill) buried 12th January 1876.
Catherine Margaret Grace -granddaughter- 9th April 1878.
Gertrude Cleveland Grace -granddaughter- 3rd March 1889.
ALSO MEMORIAL TO
Jane Windmell -daughter- died, 16th March 1854.
Jeremiah William Windmell -son- died, 26th August 1865.
Jeremiah Scanlan -brother-

 
 
2903
Winifred Alice May Donmall
Winifred Alice May Donmall
 
 
2904
Winning, Andrew and Mary (nee Cairns)
Winning, Andrew and Mary (nee Cairns)
Andrew died 8th August 1929. Mary died 4th December 1930. 
 
2905
Winning, Mary, interred 24 February 1931, (she is beside her sister in plot 112)
Winning, Mary, interred 24 February 1931, (she is beside her sister in plot 112)
Status: Located;  
 
2906
Winning, Mary, interred 7 April 1932 she is beside her sister.
Winning, Mary, interred 7 April 1932 she is beside her sister.
Status: Located;  
 
2907
Witta War Memorial
Witta War Memorial
 
 
2908
Wood. Robert
Wood. Robert
Status: Located; Died 4th March 1931, aged 73years, born Eden, NSW. 
 
2909
Woods, Johnston, Annie nee Allen) & their son Alexander
Woods, Johnston, Annie nee Allen) & their son Alexander
Status: Located;  
 
2910
Woon, Joseph Charles
Woon, Joseph Charles
Status: Located;  
 
2911
Wright. George Wilson and Eliza
Wright. George Wilson and Eliza
Status: Located; Both were buried Methodist, George died 18th November 1934, aged 72years, born England.

Eliza died 14th March 1934, aged 58years, born England. 
 
2912
WW1 binocular case embossed on lid 'CASE No.3 PRISMATIC BINOCULAR W.H.WHISSON 1918'.
WW1 binocular case embossed on lid 'CASE No.3 PRISMATIC BINOCULAR W.H.WHISSON 1918'.
Sold on eBay 24 Sep 2013. 
 
2913
WW1 Medals Card for David Caldow Simpson.
WW1 Medals Card for David Caldow Simpson.
 
 
2914
Youngblutt, Norman
Youngblutt, Norman
Status: Located;  
 
2915
Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial
Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial
Ypres (Ieper)
West Flanders (West-Vlaanderen), Belgium 
 
2916
Ęthelstan, 1st King of England
Ęthelstan, 1st King of England
 
 
2917
Ęthelwulf, King of Wessex
Ęthelwulf, King of Wessex
 
 
2918
_Church of All Saints, Broad Chalke
_Church of All Saints, Broad Chalke
The parish church of All Saints was built c.1280 during the reign of Edward I. It is constructed of limestone ashlar and some rubble, and has a chancel with a north vestry, a central tower with transepts, and a nave with a south porch. Work on the church may have begun as early as 1258, when the keeper of Savernake Forest was ordered to provide the vicar of Chalke with timber for the fabric of his church.

The oldest parts of the church are the chancel, the north transept, and part of the west wall, including the doorway, which date from the late 13th century. It is possible that the nave had aisles at this time. The next building phase took place at the end of the 14th century, when the lower stages of the tower, the south transept, and the porch were built.

By 1550 most of the nave had been rebuilt. It is probable that the aisles were removed and the nave widened to the open plan you see today. The north and south walls were strengthened to carry the roof across the nave’s width of 34 feet. The upper stages of the tower were built c.1530.

In the mid 17th century extensive repairs were undertaken, partly due to the efforts of John Aubrey. In his ‘Natural History of Wiltshire’ he says ‘in 1659 Sir George Penruddock and I made ourselves churchwardens, or else the fair church had fallen’. The previous wardens had obviously neglected the fabric of the church, and Aubrey took it upon himself to organise repairs.

In 1846-7 the church was restored by Wyatt and Brandon at a cost of �£1,720. Included in the work was a new nave roof, as the existing roof was rotten. Medieval wall paintings, one of St. Christopher on the north wall of the nave, and another of the Taking Down from the Cross, over the west tower arch, were removed. Water-colour drawings were made before the originals were destroyed.

Inside the church, the chancel contains much original work, including the seats for the priest and his assistant. The south transept was a chantry chapel founded by John Alan of Knighton in 1322 and is still known as the Knighton Aisle. The porch has a fine barrel vault roof and was originally in two stories, the upper part being a priest’s room. The priest’s desk and the pulpit were originally together and like the oak pews date from the 17th century. The font is 15th century.

After re-building, the church was re-opened in May 1847. Morning and evening services were celebrated, and the gentry enjoyed an excellent lunch. In the evening the school children played games and enjoyed tea and cake provided by the vicar and his wife.

This church has been part of a Team Ministry since the 1970s. The parish registers dating from 1538 (Baptisms), 1562 (Marriages) and 1552 (Burials), apart from those currently in use at the church, can be viewed at the Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre in Chippenham.
(Wiltshire Community History) 
 
2919
_Mona M. Staats
_Mona M. Staats
Inscription for Mona M Staats
Cemetery: Tweed Heads Lawn & NSW
Inscription Id: 8503174
Surname: Staats
Given Names: Mona M
Birth Surname: Brennock
Birth Date: 1907?
Death Date: 22 Jul 1976
Age: 69
Gender: F
Portion: RC

Spouse Name: Frederick W
Remarks: née Brennock; w/Frederick W
Nearby graves: Previous Next (may be related) Other Sources

Photographed and transcribed by: Peter Arthur
(Australian Cemeteries Index) 
 

    «Prev «1 ... 55 56 57 58 59

Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources